The Social Services & Support Program provides emergency assistance to individuals and families who have experienced a temporary financial crisis. Financial services are based on the availability of funds. You must schedule an appointment with a caseworker to be seen. No walk-ins are allowed.
The Social Services program assists clients by providing:
- Utility Bill Assistance (Electric, Water, Gas)
- Rental Assistance
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
- Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG)
Schedule an Appointment
The appointment line is open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call 214-670-6530.
- U.S. Government issued ID or secondary identification
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Lease agreement or proof of home ownership
- Proof of household income for the past 30 days
- Utility bill
- Eviction notice or mortgage delinquency notice
- Receipts for bills/expenses paid in the last 30 days
Note: Additional information may be required.
Financial Assistance is based on eligibility and fund availability. Bilingual staff available.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Relief
For the Rental or Mortgage Assistance program, the pre-screening process will begin on May 4, 2020. City of Dallas residents are invited to participate online at www.dallascityhall.com. The application is available on a smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer.
For those residents without access to the internet, call center agents are available at 469-749-6500 from Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Due to expected higher than average call volume, residents may experience higher than average call times or a busy signal. Eligible applications will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.