The Social Services & Support Program provides emergency assistance to individuals and families who are experiencing a temporary financial crisis. Financial services are based on the availability of funds. For assistance, please call 214-670-8416 Monday through Friday between 9am and 2pm. No walk-in services are available at the West Dallas Multipurpose Center.
The Social Services & Support Program assists clients with:
- Utility Bill Assistance (Electric, Water, Gas)
- Rental Assistance
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
- Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG)
The City of Dallas Social Services & Support Program can only provide support to those that reside within Dallas city limits.
In applying for the assistance, the following documents will be requested:
- U.S. Government issued ID or secondary identification.
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Lease agreement or proof of homeownership
- Proof of household income from the previous month/ 30 days
- Copy of a recent utility bill
- Copy of an eviction notice or mortgage delinquency notice.
- Receipts for bills/expenses paid in the last 30 days that have contributed to financial need.
Note: Additional information may be required.
The City of Dallas is committed to providing assistance to residents in need of rental, utility or other assistance through the Dallas Rent Relief programs. The Dallas Rent Relief program makes assistance accessible by offering online application portals, telephone application options and through multiple nonprofit partners throughout the community. Eligible clients can receive assistance to cover up to 12 months of rent, utilities and/or arrearages. Submit a request for assistance online or contact one of our nonprofit partners for assistance.
Programs generally serve clients who:
- earn less than 80% of the Area Median Income
- have a lease in their name
- are late on rent or at risk of eviction or are at risk of housing instability or homelessness.
- have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, even if temporarily, such as through increased expenses or loss or reduction in income
For More Information: