“There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about”-Margaret J. Wheatley. West Dallas Multipurpose Center has a rich history of caring for the residents of West Dallas through community partnerships that offered GED classes, ESL classes, Financial Empowerment workshops, Drug Prevention programs and support group meetings for families.
Read the news articles mentioning WDMC campus in the late 80’s. Then explore “Memory Lane” photo gallery.
Extra! Extra! Read All About It!
- 1980’s Not A Banner Decade-Hispanics Have (ESL and GED Accreditation)
- Putting police in a positive light – Panel aims (Drug Education & Prevention Program and Support Group Meetings)
- Absentee voting sites open today (Polling Location)
- METRO REPORT, (Loan Workshop)
Scroll Down Memory Lane (Late 80’s/Early 90’s)
History of West Dallas – Engage Dallas (smu.edu)
“Events That Shaped West Dallas”
- Courtesy of Southern Methodist University Located in Dallas, TX
The Story Of West Dallas From Bonnie And Clyde To Margaret Hunt Hill (kera.org)
- By Courtney Collins
- Courtesy of KERA News Digital Storytelling Projects