Test Kitchen Rules
This is a teaching and cooking demonstration kitchen. The kitchen is equipped with an AV system. Children are not allowed in the Test Kitchen without adult supervision. At no time are children to be left unattended.
- Always wear shoes.
- Wear safe clothing.
- Avoid burns. Keep pot handles turned away from the front to avoid accidentally knocking the pot off the stove, or from children grabbing the handles.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands.
- Use different chopping boards for raw meat, fruits, and vegetables.
- Handle hot dishes with care.
- You should know the exact location of fire extinguisher, how to use the fire extinguisher, and the nearest emergency exit.
- Cook safely with oils.
- Store your food properly.
- Knives are useful tools for preparing food, but they can also be dangerous. You should know how to safely handle, clean, and store knives.
Before leaving the kitchen, please do the following:
- Make sure the kitchen is clean and sanitized.
- Clean all utensils, dishes, and equipment.
- Properly store all borrowed utensils and dishes in the cabinets.
- Make sure you throw away all trash.
Violation of any of the above rules may result in the loss of access to the Test Kitchen. Please report any missing or damaged technology, utensils, or equipment to the security officer at the front desk immediately.